Friday, May 11, 2007

Taskbar Shuffle

I know that I'm tight up there in the running for the biggest OS geek in the world, when I got so excited by a simple free little program that does something that I've been complaining about wanting for years.

Taskbar Shuffle made me giddy like a kid at Christmas when I heard about it, and I was grinning like an idiot when I installed it and it worked. You should have seen the look my co-worker gave me when I told him about it.

It's a simple concept, and one that I wish was in windows from Win95. Taskbar Shuffle allows you to do just that, shuffle the taskbar buttons around. If you are like me and like to have your apps open in a certain order [especially at work], to keep your work flow smooth, than his is a god-send.

All you do is grab the app's button that you want to move, and drag it to where you want it to sit. Just that simple. You can have it open with windows, show/hide the splash screen, and show/hide the system tray icon. It also allows you to change the grouping rules for the taskbar, so you can change Windows' grouping to have them be more or less likely to group under one button.

You can get this freeware app @ http://www.freewebs.com/nerdcave/taskbarshuffle.htm
Please donate if you feel that this is useful to you too.

T

No comments: