Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Houston... The mini has landed.

After much time waiting for this occasion it has finally arrived.

- The Mini that people are truly excited about... (not the car)

I got this thing @ about 11AM today, and even though I should have been asleep until about 2, I decided that I could once again forego rest, in the name of my never-ending quest for technology. Plus it was just like Christmas as a kid. You know it's down there, but you're not allowed to look.

Once I got the box in my hands it was like one of those Russian dolls, layer upon layer... The size of the shipping box belies the true size of the mini. I knew the dimensions from the apple store but to unveil it, and hold it in my own hands truly was something. I compared it to my CD wallet and they were nearly the same size with the mini being a little wider, but a little thinner than the CD wallet.

I know I'm gushing about this little thing, but it's new, and I like the look of it. Plus, I'm using it right now to write this entry. This will by no means be my primary machine, but it will be a great supplement to my other computers, and will fit in much better with my home theater components.

The best thing about my new toy is that it is SILENT. No fan = No noise.

I haven't been completely seduced by this sexy little box. But I have yet to find better for the size, and sound. Now to find out if I can make more things work with it because that could change the tides of my allegiance, in this cold war of OS's.

No comments: