Saturday, April 16, 2005

What is that glowy thing in the sky???

Once again I'm at work on a Saturday (Fun), and the scheduling people have screwed up again (SUPER Fun), and have scheduled half of the people that we need for a weekend day (Eh, Whadda ya gonna do).

Yeah!!!

Those of you who know me know that I HATE working in the days, and not just because I get free parking at night. I live about an hours drive away from work, and have to leave about an hour and a half early, just incase I run into any accidents, or whatever other delays present themselves. But right now, that's ok, because today our network is down, and I really don't have to do any work. It is a shining moment in the telecom industry... At least for us here it is

Since I don't really trust any network that I haven't setup myself, and I really don't trust the one here, I'm probably the only one who uses a thumbdrive to backup everything that I use for work. and I REALLY don't trust the one here, (I know the company that I work for), but also because that's the kind of thing that I do. I backup all of my work stuff, but lord knows when the last time I backed up any of my computers at home. Thatg's probably becaause there are 6 at home, and only 1 at work.

As I've said before, I do like working, BUT... it is the weekend, and we deserve a break too; Who doesn't?

Man I really wish that I was back on evenings or graves. When you do it for a month or so, your body gets used to it, and then to go from getting up @ 930 at night, to getting up @ 430 in the morning, in 2 days. That's a bit rough, and then I get to go back to graves in a week.

Just biding my time... Just biding my time...

No comments: